Privacy – 6. Sharing of your information
Unless otherwise stated, your personal information will be kept secure within Leeds Cares using appropriate technical controls to protect your details. We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
We may have to share your personal information (and special category data) with third parties in certain circumstances. Details are included below.
- We will share your details with any individual who is authorised to act on your behalf.
- To comply with our legal obligations, we may need to disclose your details to regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities including the Police, legal advisors, tax authorities, insurance companies, and any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts.
- We will share your details with our linked charities if you have requested information or services from them.
- We may share your details with our service providers who assist us with fundraising appeals, response handling and newsletters.
- If you make a donation to a tribute fund page, this data may be collected by a third party to process your donation on our behalf.
- We may share your details with our third-party payment processing providers who assist us in providing payment services for donations and orders from our online shop. Our current payment processing providers are JustGiving, Virgin Money, PayPal, Primo, Elavon, CreditCall, Instagiv and Worldpay.
- We may share your details with our third-party IT providers who assist us in providing our systems and databases. Our website provider is Banana Kick Ltd and Blue Logic (part of BCN Group Ltd) is our IT support provider.
- We may share your details with LTHT if you volunteer or are involved in activities which take place on their property.
- As part of our Day One service we may share your detail with other NHS Trusts and third-party organisations.
- We also partners with a number of individuals and organisations to provide support to Day One service users including Citizen’s Advice, Brethertons LLP, Leigh Day, Sintons LLP, Irwin Mitchell LLP, IBIS Leeds Centre, The Bexley Hotel, Amber Cars and ex-patients and their family members who provide peer support.
Other than the exception outlined below, all other data that we collect from you will be stored inside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA or the UK without informing you beforehand and seeking your permission where required.
The exception is in relation to a bulk email provider called Mailchimp which is based in the USA. We have to pass your data to this company but will only pass data relevant to the sending of bulk emails such as our newsletter. We do not use Mailchimp for any one-to-one email communications you have with us. Mailchimp are accredited under the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the USA. Their privacy notice can be accessed via the following link: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/