Privacy – 4. What information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following types of your personal information depending on your level and type of interaction with us.
- Your name, address, phone number, mobile number, email address and communication preferences.
- Your date of birth (but only where it is necessary to fulfil the product or service you have requested).
- Financial information such as bank details and credit/debit card information you have provided in order to make a payment or for us to award a grant to you. Please note the following:
- We will retain bank details where you have set up a standing order or direct debit.
- We do not receive your credit card details when you pay via our website.
- When you donate by phone, your credit card details are entered directly into the card machine and are not recorded by us.
- Bank details provided for us to award a small grant are not retained once the payment has been made.
- Information automatically gathered when you access our website (see 3.2 – Through our website and digital channels)
- Details of how you have interacted with us, for example purchasing Christmas cards or enquiring about one of our fundraising events.
- Your tax status for the purposes of claiming gift aid against your donations.
- Details which enable us to assess your suitability for interview for a post at Leeds Cares (employee, volunteer or trustee).
4.1 Special Category Data
Special Category Data is personal data which is stated within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as being more sensitive and therefore requiring more protection. Examples of special category data include information about your health, religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and political opinions.
Leeds Cares collects special category data if you have provided us with consent to do so, as outlined in the circumstances below.
- When you have applied to work, volunteer or become a trustee of Leeds Cares; in order for us to monitor equal opportunities within Leeds Cares and to assess your suitability for the role.
- For specific purposes to ensure your safety, such as if you are visiting our premises or undertaking a challenge event on our behalf or volunteering for us.
- Your stories and images in order to promote the work of our services.
- To enable delivery of our services.