Privacy – 15.12. When you are an NHS staff member involved in the referral and/or delivery of a service
Purpose of processing
We process your data to allow us to understand where a patient’s referral has come from and to liaise with you about the details of the referral or application for a small grant, as well as ensuring we have appropriate consent in place.
What information we need
We will need:
- Your name and work contact details
- Details of your employment (e.g. employing hospital and job title)
Legal basis and why we need the information
Our legal basis for collecting and processing the data is our legitimate interests so we can provide the service required by the patient or their family.
We rely on the contractual basis for legally processing data in relation to small grant applications as processing this data is necessary for the terms of grant funding (contractual necessity). If this information is not given, we may not be able to provide the service.
What we do with the data
Your personal information will be kept secure within Leeds Cares using appropriate technical controls to protect your details. We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
In order to provide the Day One service to the patient and family you have referred to us, we may share the data with the following (depending upon the services provided):
- NHS Trusts within the West Yorkshire Major Trauma Network.
- Day One Partners (such as hotels, taxi companies, legal panellist, Citizens Advice – Leeds, etc)
- Our third-party IT providers who assist us in providing our systems and databases. Our website provider is Banana Kick Ltd and Blue Logic (part of BCN Group Ltd) is our IT support provider.
- Third parties where this a legal obligation to so, for example regulators and law enforcement authorities.
For other third parties we use (including those not required for this ‘Processing Purpose’), please see Section 6 of the main policy – Sharing of Your Information.