Your NHS Hospitals
Your NHS hospitals need your help now.
The unexpected arrival of coronavirus is placing continued pressure on our local NHS services in Leeds, following a difficult winter. As the official charity partner of Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds Cares has launched an urgent appeal to support our hard-working NHS staff during these challenging times ahead.
The hospitals are well-prepared and have robust plans in place to respond to the coronavirus pandemic. However, staff will be working even harder than usual over the coming weeks and months, with frontline workers going the extra mile to care for patients around the clock.
Our hospitals are run by 18,000 dedicated staff – from doctors and nurses to porters and cleaners – who are all working together to provide the best possible care for patients and their families.
Your donation will provide vital support to staff and patients during this busy time
For example by paying for care packages, assistance with travel and accommodation where needed, as well as helping to fund other health and wellbeing initiatives to boost morale across the wards.
How your donation could make a real difference:
- £10 could pay for a comfort pack for staff who have to stay overnight at short notice
- £50 could stock up a snack area for staff working long hours
- £70 could fund bedside TV services for a ward for a week
- £80 could pay for a hotel room for staff who need to stay close by or isolate from their families to keep working
- £120 can fund a chaplain for a day, to support staff and patients in need
- £200 could pay for an iPad for patients – supporting education of children and providing vital connections to loved ones
- £1,000 could pay for a hydration station to remain fully stocked with drinks and snacks for staff for a month
In the weeks and months ahead, our hospitals will need our support more than ever, so please show your appreciation with a donation today.
Please also consider sharing this page on social media to help us raise as much as possible for them.
You can also leave a message of support for NHS staff, by visiting our message page:
You can also share your message on social, just use the hashtag #SupportYourNHSHospitals
Watch the pledge our chairman, Edward Ziff, has made to help our hospitals:
Donate to Leeds Cares
When you donate to Leeds Cares you can be reassured that we’ll provide funding directly to the cause or appeal you’ve donated to. If we raise more money than is needed, we reserve the right to use those donations to other health and wellbeing projects in a similar area.
Your donation will help support our health and wellbeing fund for staff and patients. Should we raise more money than is required to support health and wellbeing initiatives over the coming months, any remaining income will be used to support the hospitals where the need is greatest.