Day One Major Trauma Support
Day One Major Trauma Support is a service for patients and families affected by major trauma.
It is delivered by Leeds Cares, in partnership with volunteers, clinicians, NHS Trusts and other organisations.
Medical teams will attend to a patient’s clinical needs but Day One aims to complement this by providing holistic support for non-clinical issues. Financial, legal, practical and emotional concerns can all be supported by the Day One team. We will spend time understanding each patient’s situation and work with them to identify the right support straight after their injury and throughout the recovery journey.
Our aim is to provide support to all patients and families affected by major trauma across the West Yorkshire network.
What your donations will provide:
- £20 pays for an item of clothing for a patient to wear returning home
- £50 pays for emergency overnight accommodation for family to stay close to the hospital
- £250 pays for an educational workshop for families to deal with the aftermath of major trauma
- £2,000 pays for training for three specialist trauma nurses
- £7,000 pays for a dedicated counselling programme for over 1000 patients and their families
Nick’s experience with Day One Major Trauma Support volunteers after his accident inspired him to become a volunteer – click here to read Nick’s story
To find out more about how your money supports Day One and other ways to donate, fundraise or volunteer, please email email@example.com
Watch the video below to hear ex-patient Martin Jordan speak about the support he received from clinical teams and Day One volunteers.
Donate to Leeds Cares
We understand that you may like to donate to a specific cause, however you can also choose to donate directly to Leeds Cares. Your donation will be directed to wherever the need is greatest.
Thank you for helping us to enable exceptional healthcare.
Click here to donate directly to Leeds Cares.